Nutribute is a fundraising tool for measures that reduce eutrophication.
At www.nutribute.org, you can create a crowdfunding page online and promote it to as many people as you can. Nutribute will collect and transfer the funds to you. You’ll then implement your project and follow up with your supporters to show them what you have spent the money on.
In other words, Nutribute is an online site where organisations and individuals can present their activities and suggest measures for voluntary financiers. There is only one prerequisite – the measures need to result in tangible reductions in nutrient loading or achieve measurable removal of nutrients from the sea. Anyone can then have a look at the available measures and make donations to the activities they find worth supporting. In crowdfunding, the idea is to raise funds from a large group of people, so even small contributions can make a change.
Nutribute has been developed by John Nurminen Foundation in EUSBSR flagship project NutriTrade. NutriTrade is financed by Interreg Central Baltic programme. By complementing existing financial mechanisms with Nutribute, project NutriTrade hopes to boost activities that benefit the Baltic Sea. The project also challenges consumers and organisations to neutralize their nutrient footprints by supporting a measure with a sum that delivers a corresponding reduction in nutrient loading.
Bank of Actions
Phosphorus neutrality pilot
Water utility of Vitebsk, City of Helsinki, HSY, John Nurminen Foundation
Oil spill prevention
Research and monitoring
Shipping and boating
Strategies and programs
Instructions & Recommendations
How to start using Nutribute?
You need to register and activate your account to create a fundraising campaign or to donate. The process is as follows:
1. Go to www.nutribute.org
2. Click ”Sign up” in the upper righthand corner
3. Create a username (= email address) and a password. Also tick the box “I’m not a robot”
4. You will receive an email from Nutribute. Click on the link to activate your account.
How to start a fundraising campaign?
5. You first need to register and activate your account by completing steps 1-4 above
6. On Nutribute homepage www.nutribute.org, click ”Log in” in the upper righthand corner and enter your email and password
7. Choose ”Create a campaign” and start describing your project. Save your texts by clicking the “Save” button
8. If you want to continue later, you can find your saved draft by going to Nutribute homepage www.nutribute.org and selecting the hamburger (or triple bar) icon in the upper righthand corner, ”Dashboard” and ”Edit campaign”
What information is needed for a fundraising campaign?
9. Basic information on your project (project name, idea and location)
10. A fundraising goal (how much you plan to raise and when you need it)
11. A pitching text explaining your project to potential donors and an image of your campaign. If you want, you can also boost your campaign with videos, links or expertise involved (voluntary)
12. Finally, you need to determine the payment settings and prove your identity
Information provided at points 9-11 will be published on your campaign page. Point 12 is for platform administration only.
How to donate to a campaign?
13. You first need to register and activate your account by completing steps 1-4 above
14. Select a campaign and on the campaign page, click “Contribute now”
15. Indicate your contribution (min 10 eur)
16. Select how you would like your contribution to be displayed on the campaign page
a. Visible: Show your name and amount
b. Identity-Only: Show your name, but hide the amount
17. If you want, you can add a comment that will be shown next to your contribution
19. Select the method of payment. You can pay via credit card, debit card, online bank or PayPal
20. Click “Contribute now”